Tips For Writing Prompts: #1
- Write / type your prompt. (The sentence, paragraph, or word.)
- Create an outline of what you want to happen in the story.
- Focus on the genre. What kind of story is it? How can you bring forth the overall feeling of the story.
- Listening to a song that relates to the genre of the story could help.
- If the story relates to you think about what happened to you, how you felt, and how it affected you.
- Don’t feel pressured into making your story a specific length. Unless there’s an instructed prompt limit, feel free to make it as long as you’d like. Just make sure you get your point across.
- Always triple check your writing for grammar, spelling, and any errors in general.
- Always accept constructive criticism.